FASB Webcast on Grants and Contracts Standard
On Friday, September 14, 2018, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) will host a webcast (2 CPE credits) entitled "Understanding and Implementing FASB’s New Grants and Contracts Standard." This webcast will look at recent improvements to accounting guidance on grants and contracts impacting non-profits. At the completion of the session, participants will learn about the clarifications and improvements to the existing guidance including:
- Characterizing grants and similar contracts with government agencies and others as exchange transactions (subject to guidance such as Accounting Standards Codification Topic 606) or contribution (non-exchange) transaction.
- Determining whether a contribution is conditional and distinguishing between donor-imposed conditions and donor-imposed restrictions.
You can register for the webcast here.
- Non-Profit Tax
- Non-Profit Management
- Non-Profit Regulatory Update
- Government Regulatory Update
- IRS Regulations
- Information Technology
- Department of Labor Regulations
- Uniform Guidance/Single Audit Compliance
- Higher Education
- Human Resources Compliance
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Auditing Standards Board Update
- Government Reporting
- Firm News
- Other News