Phase III Provider Relief Funding Announced – Applications Available 10/5/20
The Trump Administration has announced $20 billion in new funding through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for providers impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. If your organization has already received Provider Relief funding, you are eligible to apply for additional funding that considers financial losses and changes in operating expenses brought about by the pandemic. The program has been expanded regarding applicant eligibility including organizations that began practicing in 2020 along with behavioral health providers providing increased mental health and substance use services to address the impacts of COVID-19. Providers can begin to apply for funds beginning October 5th. For eligible providers, the Phase 3 General Distribution is structured to balance an equitable payment of 2% of annual revenue from patient care for all applicants plus an add-on payment to account for revenue losses and expenses attributable to COVID-19.
Listed below are the parameters of eligibility for Phase III Provider Relief:
1. Providers who previously received, rejected or accepted a General Distribution Provider Relief Fund payment.
2. Providers that have already received payments of approximately 2% of annual revenue from patient care can submit more information to become eligible for an additional payment.
3. Behavioral Health providers, including those that previously received funding and new providers.
4. Healthcare providers that began practicing January 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, dentists, assisted living facilities and behavioral health providers.
It is recommended you apply early as possible for these funds. The application period runs from October 5th to November 6th.
All eligible providers will be considered for payment against the below criteria:
1. All provider submissions will be reviewed to confirm they have received a Provider Relief Fund payment equal to approximately 2% of patient care revenue from prior general distributions. Applicants that have not yet received Relief Fund payments of 2% of patient revenue will receive a payment that, when combined with prior payments (if any), equals 2% of patient care revenue.
2. With the remaining balance available, HRSA will then calculate an equitable add-on payment that considers the following:
-A provider’s change in operating revenues from patient care
-A provider’s change in operating expenses from patient care, including incurred expenses from Coronvirus
-Payments already received through prior Provider Relief Fund distributions
For updates and to learn more about the Provider Relief Program, visit: hhs.gov/providerrelief.
Please contact us if you have any questions about applying for these funds.
- Non-Profit Tax
- Non-Profit Management
- Non-Profit Regulatory Update
- Government Regulatory Update
- IRS Regulations
- Information Technology
- Department of Labor Regulations
- Uniform Guidance/Single Audit Compliance
- Higher Education
- Human Resources Compliance
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Auditing Standards Board Update
- Government Reporting
- Firm News
- Other News