Government Accounting & Auditing Committees
Maher Duessel is active in the profession’s standard setting process on the national and state levels. Through participation at a leadership level in numerous committees of groups and associations focused on government accounting, we can share with clients the latest changes impacting their financial reporting.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Governmental Audit Quality Center
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- GFOA’s Special Review Committee for Purposes of Reviewing Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR) Submissions to the Certificate Program
- GFOA Popular Report Review Committee
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Local Government Committee
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Sub-Committee
Government Clients Served
- Cities, Townships, Municipalities and Boroughs
- Local Authorities
- Industrial and Redevelopment
- School Districts
- Community Colleges
- Intermediate Units
- Housing Authorities and HUD Funded Agencies
- Tax Collection Committees
- State Entities
- We have extensive experience with the implementation of GASB standards through our service to local governments.
- We annually conduct external and internal trainings on the latest GASB standards.
- We assist our clients with any transitions related to GASB implementation at no additional cost.
- 13 of our clients hold the Certificate of Achievement for their CAFRs
- 6 members of our firm serve as Technical Reviewers on the GFOA’s CAFR Review Committee.