Employee Benefit Plan Audit Expertise
The standards and regulations surrounding audits of employee benefit plans are complex and demand a specialized level of training and expertise. Maher Duessel is well aware of the issues that management and boards must address in accounting, tax, control, and reporting that are unique to employee benefit plans.
Maher Duessel conducts employee benefit plan audits for the majority of our clients routinely, which enables us to be well equipped to meet these challenges. To ensure familiarity with the demands of this industry, our staff receives specialized employee benefit plan audit compliance training of 8 to 16 hours per year.
Employee Benefit Plan Audit Services:
- Audits of 401(k), 403(b), pension, and health and welfare plans subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) under the regulatory authority of the U.S. Department of Labor
- Audits of church, denominational, and other similar plans exempt from ERISA
- Preparation of IRS Form 5500, Form 8955-SSA, and summary annual reports
- Assistance with IRS audits of employee benefit plans
- Full scope and limited scope audits for single and multi-employers plans as well as defined benefit plans
- Consulting services related to employee benefit plans